We’re looking for a remote-but-local, multidisciplinary digital designer with a strong proficiency in website and layout design. A design wizard who can simplify the chaos and create high-quality websites that meet strategic goals with balance and empathy for the end user's objectives.
What You’d be Doing
- Designs new custom websites, web banners, landing pages, and HTML email campaigns in alignment with marketing strategies, primarily for the HVAC and home services industry.
- Creates visual interfaces for new websites and enhancements to existing ones, focusing on optimizing user experience and conversion rate.
- Recommends changes and redesigns for existing internet properties to improve look, usability, and conversions.
- Conveys branding cohesively across multiple web properties and meets established design standards.
- Uses web design best practices and next-generation digital trends while maintaining a user-centered design focus.
- Collaborates with the content, marketing, and development teams to coordinate the design, development, integration, format design, and release of web content.
If website work is light, we’d need you to:
- Create client newsletter designs
- Create remarketing banners and other supporting digital materials
- Create marketing assets to support our team
Skills You Need
- Experience designing full websites from conception to completion using modern design tools like Figma or Sketch
- Complete understanding of modern responsive web design strategies
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Strong attention to every detail
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, good judgment, and capability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage third-party design resources when needed
- Bonus: Understanding of CSS and HTML
Education & Experience Needed
- 3-5 years of experience doing responsive website design
- Advanced knowledge of modern web design tools like Sketch or Figma
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of best practices and current trends
- Understanding of elements of design, layout, color, and typography
Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- 401k employer matching
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacations and company holidays
- In-office drinks & food (we have a cereal bar)
- Flexible work schedule
- Quarterly whole-office team-building events
- Top-of-the-line technology to get work done
- An amazing facility to work from
Rocket’s Hiring Process
You don’t marry someone you just met (unless you’re a Disney princess). You go on some dates and get to know each other. You bring them home to meet the family.
That’s how we view the hiring process.
When you join our team, you’re joining our family. So when you apply, prepare for a courtship. The process can sometimes seem a little cumbersome and even lengthy because that’s how much we care about ourselves and you as a potential fit. But if you do get the job, we’ll do our best to make sure it’s one you’ll never want to leave.
Before you apply...
- Your portfolio should include at least three examples of website designs.
- Website portfolio examples from “real” (on-the-job) work are preferred. If this is not possible, school work or other exploratory design is permissible.
- Website portfolio examples created “from scratch” (not using pre-made templates or services like WordPress/Squarespace) are highly preferred.
- Be prepared to talk about your work.