Are you an expert at using paid search to get companies quality, affordable leads? Want to join a small, close-knit group in Gilbert that is working to help small businesses succeed?
We’re looking for a full-time, experienced search engine marketing specialist to join our amazing team.
You’re right for this job if you:
- Believe in the power of good data and use it to create a story of ‘where we’ve been and where we’re going’
- Have a passion for pay-per-click marketing and stay on top of current PPC/SEM/Social trends
- Know Google Ads inside and out, seriously, this is a must!
- Understand that paid search is part of a complete digital marketing plan and works best with other services (SEO, content marketing, social media, web design, etc.)
- You’re comfortable speaking with clients (with and without marketing lingo), and you can convey multifaceted campaign strategies for lead generation & brand awareness
What you’d be doing
Your primary responsibility will be to manage and optimize paid search campaigns for our awesome clients. You’ll also meet regularly with our clients (many of whom are home service companies) to update them on their paid search performance.
This means you’d:
- Build and drive the overall paid search strategy to help grow clients’ bottom line.
- Assist with keyword research, ad copy creation, and landing page recommendations.
- Prepare and deliver (present) monthly presentations to clients that outline campaign results, using critical thinking to provide recommendations that support long-term strategy - doesn’t just ‘recite the numbers.’
- Participate in creating and executing strategy-focused annual business reviews, focusing on past performance and ‘bigger picture’ objectives.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest paid search updates and products (this includes paid social).
- Help educate our clients and staff on search engine marketing best practices.
- Collaborate with SEO, Project Management, and Account Management to help support overall client marketing initiatives.
- Find technical issues that may be hurting paid search traffic and make recommendations for fixing the problems.
- Evaluate and improve our SEM process by recommending and implementing new tools and research processes.
- Aid in our sales process by contributing to new business pitches and diagnostics. You’re comfortable preparing information to help gain new clients, e.g., keyword research.
- Help manage Rocket Media’s internal paid media efforts.
Skills you’d need
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3 - 5 years in managing Google Ads and Microsoft Ads in a comparable role (senior or non-senior). Applicants with fewer than 3 years of experience will not be considered.
- Thorough understanding of Search campaigns and good working knowledge of Display, Video, Discovery, and Performance Max
- You’re comfortable creating and optimizing these campaign types from scratch, unassisted
- Experience implementing and optimizing paid search campaigns using conversion tracking, Google Analytics, and phone tracking analytics
- Ex/ understands call tracking, can create PPC-related conversions in GA
- Ability to manage a book-of-business of at least ten, multi-campaign ad accounts with a monthly spend of $50k or greater
- Experience meeting and reporting with clients, both in-person and virtually
- Experience in 3rd-party search marketing tools to help manage campaigns
- Ex/ Keyword Planner, SEMRush, SpyFu, budget mgmt. tools
- Must be certified in Google Ads for Search and Display (minimum req.; additionals preferred); certificate expiration(s) cannot exceed the past 6 months
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in marketing, business, communications, or related field; equivalent work experience is substitutable based on resume and verification of tangible PPC skills
- Excellent written and verbal grammatical skills befitting of PPC ad copy and professional client communications
- Good working knowledge of Google Sheets, Docs, & Microsoft Office
What will make you stand out
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked in a digital agency before
- General knowledge of SEO and Google Tag Manager
- Experience advertising on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn (organic or paid)
- Experience working with HVAC, plumbing, or other home service companies
- Expert knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, graphs, etc.)
- Proofs-of-work outlining past accomplishments and working ability
- Google Analytics certification or GA4 Skillshop
Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- 401k Plan with employer matching
- Medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance coverage
- In-office libations & “nourishment”
- Flexible work schedule
- Quarterly whole-office team building events
- Top-of-the-line technology to get work done
- An amazing facility to work from and/or the flexibility to work from home
Rocket’s hiring process
You don’t marry someone you just met (unless you’re a Disney princess). You go on some dates and get to know each other. You bring them home to meet the family.
That’s how we view the hiring process.
When you join our team, you’re joining our family. So when you apply, prepare for a courtship. The process can sometimes seem a little cumbersome and even lengthy because that’s how much we care about ourselves and you, as a potential fit. But if you do get the job, we’ll do our best to make sure it’s one you’ll never want to leave.
ONLY CANDIDATES FROM THE U.S.A. WILL BE CONSIDERED