Rocket Media is seeking two college students or recent graduates in the Phoenix metro who want hands-on, well-rounded experience in digital marketing with our 2021 summer internship program.
The digital marketing intern will help manage marketing activities such as search engine optimization, content strategy, link building, and keyword strategies. Help manage SEM campaigns on Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Facebook in order to maximize ROI. Finally, you’ll also be a part of Rocket Media’s internal marketing and sales efforts.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Assist subject matter experts with the management of SEM (paid search) & SEO campaigns.
- Analyze websites & landing pages to uncover intent, performance patterns, visitor experience, and opportunities.
- Conduct market research including industry trends and competitor analysis to familiarize oneself with our clients’ industries and markets.
- Help with creation of new campaigns, optimization of existing campaigns (prepare list of keywords and ad copy), keyword research and writing ad copy.
- Utilize Google Ads and/or Bing Ads. Execute SEO analyses using all data, resources, and tools available.
- Assist with pulling data and compiling slides for client audits & sales presentations.
- Help prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for clients and help with data analysis using Excel and other applications. Spot trends, opportunities, and/or problems and respond proactively.
- Execute digital campaigns for Rocket Media’s marketing efforts.
- Assist with identifying sales opportunities within specific markets and marketing production projects.
Requirements of the role
We’re looking for someone with:
- Working towards or completed, Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Communications, Social Sciences (Sociology, Social Psychology, etc), Advertising, PR, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Data Science or similar field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their major.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel mandatory (Vlookup, If function, pivot table...)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Interest in digital marketing
- Be a self-starter
What will make you stand out
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked in a digital agency before
- Worked with home service companies before
- Relevant and current Google certifications
- Expert Excel skills (Google Sheets)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Ads
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Conference and Public speaking experience (love to teach)
The benefits & perks
Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- Course credit for your major, pending coordination with your school and our ability to meet their requirements.
- Letter of recommendation with satisfactory completion of the internship
- Minimum wage paid intern position ($12.50 / hour)
- Flexible work schedule, hybrid work options
- An amazing facility to work from
We'll be collecting applications through May 7th and then start our interview process.
Position runs from June 7th through July 30th (9 weeks)