Rocket Media is seeking two (2) college students or recent graduates who want hands-on, well-rounded experience in digital marketing with our 2022 summer internship program.
The digital marketing intern will help manage marketing activities such as search engine optimization, content strategy, link building, and keyword strategies. Help manage SEM campaigns on Google, Yahoo, Bing, and Facebook in order to maximize ROI. Finally, you’ll also be a part of Rocket Media’s internal marketing and sales efforts.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Assist subject matter experts with the management of SEM (paid search) & SEO campaigns.
- Analyze websites & landing pages to uncover intent, performance patterns, visitor experience, and opportunities.
- Conduct market research including industry trends and competitor analysis to familiarize oneself with our clients’ industries and markets.
- Help with creation of new campaigns, optimization of existing campaigns (prepare list of keywords and ad copy), keyword research, and writing ad copy.
- Utilize Google Ads and/or Bing Ads. Execute SEO analyses using all data, resources, and tools available.
- Assist with pulling data and compiling slides for client audits & sales presentations.
- Help prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for clients and help with data analysis using Excel and other applications. Spot trends, opportunities, and/or problems and respond proactively.
- Execute digital campaigns for Rocket Media’s marketing efforts.
- Assist with identifying sales opportunities within specific markets and marketing production projects.
Requirements of the Role
We’re looking for someone with:
- Working towards or completed, Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, Journalism, Communications, Social Sciences (Sociology, Social Psychology, etc), Advertising, PR, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, or similar field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their major.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel mandatory (Vlookup, If function, pivot table...)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Interest in digital marketing
- Be a self-starter
What will make you Stand Out
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked in a digital agency before
- Worked with home service companies before
- Relevant and current Google certifications
- Expert Excel skills (Google Sheets)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Ads
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Conference and Public speaking experience (love to teach)
The benefits & Perks
Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- Course credit for your major, pending coordination with your school and our ability to meet their requirements.
- Letter of recommendation with satisfactory completion of the internship
- Minimum wage paid intern position ($12.80/hour)
- Flexible work schedule, mostly WFH with hybrid work options
We'll be collecting applications through May 16th and then start our interview process.
The internship runs from June 13th through August 5th (8 weeks)
Submit a Video
We ask applicants to create a short video (two-minute max) to submit with their application. We realize that most people are a bit nervous and self-conscious about recording a video of themselves and we certainly take that into account. It doesn't need to be high production value, we're not evaluating your video skills. Take a video with your smartphone or webcam and put it on YouTube (usually unlisted) or Vimeo and share the link with us.
Your resume and cover letter will tell us about your work experience. Use the video to tell us about yourself. What do you love to do in your free time? Who's your favorite person, and why? Tell a funny story. You can even tell us what you ate for breakfast, about your hometown, or your favorite flavor of ice cream. We watch and appreciate every video submitted, and it helps us get to know you better - to give more context to who you are and why you should be one of our interns this summer.