We’re looking for a bright, full-time website developer to work on-site at a digital marketing agency. Join our small development team as we build handcrafted websites for home-service companies and help grow their business online.
- Maintain and update existing client websites to support ongoing SEO and content marketing services
- Assist project and account managers in resolving and responding to support requests
- Help our team maintain quality by reviewing website updates
- Migrate existing websites to our host as we acquire new clients
- Code responsive and performant websites using our proven framework
- Work with our writers and designers to solve problems and turn static designs into functioning websites
- Walk clients through their completed websites, explaining the features and benefits
- Provide hourly estimates for website updates and new projects
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining responsive websites
- Experience developing within a Content Management System like Craft or Wordpress
- Ability to write well-structured, semantic HTML, and advanced knowledge of CSS
- Ability to test for and accommodate browser differences
- An understanding of how DNS works, and experience making changes to zone files
- Ability to take good notes, think critically, keep track of details, and communicate clearly
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a love for working on the command line
- A cover letter explaining why you want to work at Rocket Media specifically
The following are some of the activities and tools you’ll be using. You should have experience with most of these:
- Configuring Craft CMS for author-friendly content management and rendering that content using Twig
- Styling components and templates primarily with utility classes provided by the Tailwind CSS library
- Package managers like npm and Composer
- Working with custom Craft CMS modules using modern, object-oriented PHP
- Developing locally with Docker and deploying to cloud servers
- Using build tools like Gulp and Webpack
- Managing source code with Git in a team environment
- Command-line utilities
- Website performance optimization
- Occasional use of Vue.js
What kind of sites will I be building?
Mostly CMS-driven marketing websites focused on lead generation for home-service companies (HVAC, Security).
What kind of equipment will I be using?
15-inch MacBook Pro + a couple 27-inch external displays
What's the culture like?
A steady-paced, self-directed, open environment with free snacks. We work hard and constantly challenge ourselves and others to do better.
Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- 401k employer matching
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid vacations and company holidays
- In-office drinks & food (we have a cereal bar)
- Flexible work schedule
- Quarterly whole-office team building events
- Top-of-the-line technology to get work done
- An amazing facility to work from
Rocket's Hiring Process
You don’t marry someone you just met (unless you’re a Disney princess). You go on some dates and get to know each other. You bring them home to meet the family.
That’s how we view the hiring process.
When you join our team, you’re joining our family. So when you apply, prepare for a courtship. The process can sometimes seem a little cumbersome and even lengthy because that’s how much we care about ourselves and you, as a potential fit. But if you do get the job, we’ll do our best to make sure it’s one you’ll never want to leave.