Meta title: SEO Manager | Local SEO Specialist
Meta description: Wanted: SEO Manager who loves helping small businesses grow by using data and white hat SEO methods. Must play well with developers and content writers.
Meta keywords: Meta keywords? What is this? 1999?
If the above-made sense to you and made you laugh, you might be right for us. Keep reading.
What you’d be doing:
As our SEO Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for establishing and growing the local organic search presence for our clients (home service businesses—HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.)
In addition, you’d also:
- Communicate with and educate clients on listings & site performance in organic search, SEO best practices, trends, and news.
- Perform advanced keyword research to determine the best keyword targets and target cities for a client’s SEO strategy.
- Perform strategy reviews on new client prospects and aid in our sales process by contributing recommendations and plans that will drive results for their business.
- Develop page optimizations including page titles and meta descriptions, and assist with site structure.
- Outline and execute site migration strategies.
- Conduct SEO audits to determine areas of weakness and opportunity.
- Create, claim, verify and optimize online listings across the web for clients.
- Research off-site link opportunities to help bolster the backlink profile.
- Regularly perform technical site audits on client websites to ensure client websites are crawlable, clean and error-free.
- Actively keep up to date with industry trends, news, best practices, methodologies, software/tools, and algorithm changes.
- Help establish client goals, as it relates to SEO and their business.
- Work with team on creating reports and benchmark SEO initiatives to gain insights and measure progress against established goals.
- Work closely with developers and content writers in an open environment (literally and figuratively)
- Manage, train and coach other team members and help craft a team of SEO professionals as we expand our services and client portfolio.
Skills and experience you need
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience working with, educating and presenting to clients
- At least 3 years hands-on local SEO experience
- Experience managing teams and leading strategic implementation
- Ability to measure the outcome of SEO efforts over time
- Analytical, problem-solving mindset
- A passion for digital marketing, specifically in the organic search, and a willingness to learn
- An innate desire to see clients succeed and take pride in their daily work
- Experience creating and claiming local listings
- Experience working in Google My Business, Google Analytics, Search Console, and SEMrush
- Experience with listings platforms (Yext, MOZLocal, Bright Local, etc...)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively with many moving pieces
- HTML and Schema.org experience
What will make you stand out
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked in a digital agency before
- Worked with home service companies before
- Expert Excel skills (Google Sheets)
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and Google Ads
- Experience with Craft CMS
- Conference and public speaking experience (love to teach)
Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- 401k employer matching
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- In-office libations & “nourishment”
- Flexible work schedule
- Quarterly whole-office team building events
- Top-of-the-line technology to get work done
- An amazing facility to work from
Rocket’s hiring process
You don’t marry someone you just met (unless you’re a Disney princess). You go on some dates and get to know each other. You bring them home to meet the family.
That’s how we view the hiring process.
When you join our team, you’re joining our family. So when you apply, prepare for a courtship. The process can sometimes seem a little cumbersome and even lengthy because that’s how much we care about ourselves and you, as a potential fit. But if you do get the job, we’ll do our best to make sure it’s one you’ll never want to leave.