Are you a relationship magnet? Do you love the challenge and chase of the sales process? Are you thick-skinned enough to handle rejection, yet strong enough to get back up and try again? We’re talking business development, and it’s not a job for everyone. If you think you have what it takes to hold this position, please read on.
Your job as a business development manager is to identify sales opportunities, pitch our fantastic services to new clients, nurture relationships through our sales system, represent our brand within our client community, and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Inbound lead nurturing, sale cultivating, and post-sale follow-up.
- Appointment scheduling, preparation, and presentation to clients (this is big).
- Generation of new opportunities with the intention of creating more sales/revenue.
- Work closely with account & project teams to strategize more efficient sales methods.
- When appropriate, pitch business ideas and strategies to leadership.
- Personable. You must be a people person, always acting as a brand ambassador for Rocket Media, while strengthening internal and external relationships through effective communication and trust.
- Resourceful. You see opportunities wherever they might arise, and use all tools at your disposal to take advantage of opportunities, with an eye towards keeping our pipeline full and converting leads.
- Organized. You are efficient at organizing details for a wide variety of tasks, such as responding to inbound sales inquiries, managing our CRM, coordinating client meetings and overseeing new client diagnostics. You manage your time well and are an expert at prioritizing. Attention to detail is a must.
- Professional. You can tactfully work through client objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets, and selling strategies. Additionally, you must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including opportunity negotiations.
- Minimum of 3 years business sales experience, digital marketing experience a must.
- Strong technical proficiency with project management and CRM systems.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing services including website development, search marketing, content marketing, and analytics.
- This is primarily an office-based position, remote work is available.
- Must be able to tactfully work through client objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets, and expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including negotiation experience. Seriously, this could be a deal-breaker for this position.
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers, managers, and other organizations.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solver who takes the initiative to get things done; an enthusiastic go-getter!
Submit a Video
We ask applicants to create a short video (two-minute max) to submit with their application. We realize that most people are a bit nervous and self-conscious about recording a video of themselves and we certainly take that into account, but after all, you will need to get in front of a camera a bunch for this position. It doesn't need to be high production value, we're not evaluating your video skills. Take a video with your smartphone or webcam and put it on YouTube (usually unlisted) or Vimeo (usually, password protected) and share the link with us.
Your resume and cover letter will tell us about your work experience. Use the video to tell us about yourself. What do you love to do in your free time? Who's your favorite person, and why? Tell a funny story. You can even tell us what you ate for breakfast, about your hometown, or your favorite flavor of ice cream. We watch and appreciate every video submitted, and it helps us get to know you better - to give more context to the details of your written work history.
- Some of the benefits of becoming part of our family include:
- 401k employer matching
- Medical, dental, vision, and tele-med coverage
- Identity Protection and Gym Membership benefits
- Company-paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid vacations and company holidays
- In-office drinks & food (we have a cereal bar)
- Flexible work schedule
- Quarterly whole-office team building events
- Top-of-the-line technology to get work done
Our hiring process
You don’t marry someone you just met (unless you’re a Disney princess). You go on some dates and get to know each other. You bring them home to meet the family.
That’s how we view the hiring process.
When you join our team, you’re joining our family. So when you apply, prepare for a courtship. The process can sometimes seem a little cumbersome and even lengthy because that’s how much we care about ourselves and you, as a potential fit. But if you do get the job, we’ll do our best to make sure it’s one you’ll never want to leave.